Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School

Summers vacation ends, time to get back to school clothes, sign up for class and put away the swim trunks.
Oh boy, new clothes. What outfit for the first day?
Who am I excited to see on the first day?
What do I have to share about summer vacation?

What classes? I want to take Beginning Spanish, Esoteric History, Writing: Blog to Novel, Wood Shop, Green Ecology, Philosophy, Advanced Business Marketing and for PE-Bowling or Jazzercise.

Or maybe:
Drama, Basic I-Pod, Economics: The Millionaire Mind, Wine Tasting 102, Speech 401, PE-Tap dance.

Or:
The Music Classics-Surrealist Pillow to It’s a Beautiful Day, Self Esteem 402-‘I’m Okay, You’re Interesting’, Philosophy 401-‘Alternate Viewpoints’, Home EC ‘Couples Cooking-’ Try it you’ll like it’, The One sentence book, PE-JFK fitness class circa1962.

And for shopping
I love the sleeveless preppy sweater with the green & gold checks, Khakis pants, elbow patches put on my corduroy coat, and two-tone saddles shoes with super insoles standard preppy Gary.

Back to school implies I had a vacation, I have a desire to learn, a rekindling of school spirit, new friends, and a new routine. It’s not an initiation, transformation, epiphany or synchronicity, but an opportunity to learn and study. There is new info blending with the old, clarifying old info, and the magic processional effect of experiences unimagined.

It's time for new experiences leading to new learning and new being.
Traditional schools systems require a great deal of imagination and considerable fortitude to create the kinds of classes I wish.

What about my learning about ‘likes & dislikes’?
" " my fear of being late for class?
" " being stupid & wrong?
" " the ‘whatever’ apathy?
Who cares about this anyway?
What good is calculus?
The pragmatic how can I use this? WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
What about all the many excuses and blaming of not learning.
What I want is learning to learn for learning sake.

There is the learning as an escape, a way of staying in school and never hitting the ‘real world’ being a seminar junkie-becoming and never being.

I AM inspired to put Hamlet on the CD and get a taste, more like a full course meal of Shakespeare to check on which is nobler-TO BE OR NOT TO BE?

I do feel nobler using my God given Imagination, making up classes, cause first it must be imagined to be created.

Writing it down, having a purpose, to learn for learning sake, how specifically, metaphorically cosmically, and comically will I know I am that being?

I have new and exciting ways of enjoying the present, the gift that keeps on giving, that grows into more than ever was imagined, with a student mind, imagination, new school clothes I am always ready for school.

How was your summer vacation? What classes are you taking? What will you wear the first day?

Namaste,
Gary

No comments: