Sunday, July 13, 2008

Invessting in stocks, real estate or yourself?

The week of 7/7 thru 7/11 was not a prosperous time for those invested in other than their own attention.
We meet with our new investment advisorsTuesday and my constant question to all our advisors is "Are you paying attention to the changes?"
Am I paying attention to changes?
If my major investment is in ATTENTION, how do I monitor changes?
What type of attention am I investing?
Is is details, or am I looking at the bigger picture?
Is it how do I fit, freer, more compassion, greater return on investment. Or is it focused, goal oriented, narrow scope, stepping or nearing desires?
A key word in this search is 'scheduling.' Meetings, presentations, multi-tasking that reduces driving, keeping cool ( I don't know about global warming, but the San Francisco Bay area hitting 114 degrees two days in a row is tthe hottest I felt in 25 years living here.) and its cool to be prepared, on time, with attention to share. So the more focused variety maybe the same type of attention I am asking of an investment advisor.
The question is are they moving towards investment rewards or away from investment
fears? Am I moving towards my freer and greater attention or am I moving away from things I don't want to pay attention too?
Improved communication, more clients, better computer skills-Why am i unable to write a profile & have my sites post them? Why is my streaming audio & video dammed? Why the video camera is still in the box and my power point remote only works on this box and not my laptop.
With scheduling I am moving towards a computer wizard who has me on a content management path as a content provider.
With scheduling my clients have choices of appointments.
With scheduling the house is getting painted.
With scheduling the blogs are growing.
With scheduling I am consciously competent of knowing where my attention is and is going.
Namaste Gary

No comments: